We educate others about preventing poisonings.
We are a site for training healthcare professionals, including pharmacy students, pharmacy residents, medical students, medical residents, nurses, military personnel and others. One of our newest programs is a fellowship in medical toxicology.
We also have a robust public outreach program that provides the following public poison prevention services in 14 of Arizona's 15 counties:
- Presentations at a variety of locations including community organizations, businesses, senior citizens groups and professional conferences
- Exhibits at health fairs and other events
- Educational material distribution (brochures, magnets, telephone stickers)
- Educational programs in poison prevention
- "Train the Presenter" poison prevention programs
To learn more about our educational services, e-mail Laura Morehouse, MPH, CHES, poison educator:
The center provides educational brochures, telephone labels and magnets to the public and professionals for the entire state of Arizona except for Maricopa County.
You may order educational materials by filling out the Educational Materials Request Form.
You may order up to 50 of each item listed at no charge. If you want larger quantities, please contact our educator, Laura Morehouse, at 520-626-6165 or email@example.com. We request a donation for these larger orders to cover shipping charges. Details for donating are available at this same phone number.
You may also download many materials from the Internet by clicking on the blue links below.
- Household Poisons Safety and First Aid
- Bites and Stings Safety and First Aid
- Poisonous Plants
- National brochure in English and Spanish from the American Association of Poison Control Centers
- Household Poisons-English
- Household Poisons-Spanish
- Bites and Stings-English
- Bites and Stings-Spanish
- Poisonous Plants-English
- Poisonous Plants-Spanish
- From the American Association of Poison Control Centers: A collection of handouts, brochures and games
Video Kit Educational Programs